How to Prepare Your Pontoon Boat for Storage
November 7, 2022 in Storage Tips
If you’re like most boat owners, you probably don’t use your pontoon boat all year long. In fact, you may only take it out a few times each season. That’s why it’s important to properly prepare your boat for storage when the off-season arrives. By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your pontoon will be in good condition when you take it out again next season!
Cleaning and Waxing Your Pontoon Boat
- Clean the boat thoroughly.
- Remove all of the equipment.
- Clean the inside and outside of the boat.
- Make sure to remove all of the debris and dirt.
- Dry the boat completely before storing it.
- Wax the boat to protect it from the elements.
- Store the boat in a dry place.
- Make sure all of the equipment is stored safely and securely.
Waxing your boat is an important step in preparing it for storage. By waxing the boat, you will protect the finish from the elements. This will help keep the boat looking new and in good condition.
There are a few things to keep in mind when waxing your boat:
- Make sure to clean the boat thoroughly before waxing it.
- Use high-quality wax.
- Apply the wax in a thin layer.
- Let the wax dry completely before removing it.
- Apply a second coat of wax if needed.
- Wax the boat every few months to protect it from the elements.
Store All Pontoon Boat Equipment Safely and Securely
It’s important to store all of your boat’s equipment safely and securely when you’re not using it. This will help to prevent any damage or loss. Here are a few tips for storing your equipment:
- Store the equipment in a dry place.
- Make sure all of the equipment is secured in place.
- Keep the equipment organized.
- Label each piece of equipment.
- Inspect the equipment periodically to make sure it’s in good condition.
Don’t forget the battery!
- Disconnect the battery.
- Clean the battery terminals.
- Store the battery in a dry place.
Fill and Cover Up for Launch Day
When you’re ready to take your pontoon out again next season, you’ll need to fill up the gas tank. Make sure to use a high-quality gas stabilizer to keep the fuel fresh. This will help prevent any damage to your engine.
When you’re not using your boat, it’s important to protect it from the elements. A tarp or storage cover can help keep the boat dry and free from dust and dirt. Make sure to choose a cover that is made specifically for boats. This will help ensure that the cover fits properly and provides adequate protection.
Now that you know how to properly prepare your boat for storage, it’s time to get to work! Clean the boat thoroughly, remove all of the equipment, and store everything safely and securely. Make sure to wax the boat before storing it, and check on it periodically throughout the off-season. By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your boat will be in good condition when you take it out again next season!
Need a place to securely store your boat? Find uncovered and covered boat storage near you!
LOOKING FOR A COMPANY TO MANAGE YOUR SELF STORAGE PROPERTY?Contact Jasmin Jones